Wow!! A wonderful dessert right from your crockpot
Make and share this Peanut Butter and Fudge Pudding Cake recipe from Food.com.
- Combine flour, 1/4 cup sugar and baking powder in a medium size mixing bowl.
- Blend in milk, oil, and vanilla.
- Stir mixture until smooth.
- Add in peanut butter.
- Pour mixture into crockpot.
- Next, mix together 1/2 cup sugar and cocoa powder.
- Slowly pour in boiling water.
- Gently pour this over cake mixture already in crockpot; don't stir.
- Cover and cook on High 2-3 hours or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream, hot fudge sauce and top with chopped peanuts.
I just tried this recipe recently and it was awesome! My recipe comes from the Rival Crock Pot cookbook. It calls for 1 cup flour,1 cup sugar(1/2 cup with cocoa for fudge topping),1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder,2/3 cup milk,2 tablespoons vegetable oil,1 teaspoon vanilla,1/2 cup peanut butter,1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder and the same 1 cup boiling water. I used my 5 quart crock pot, so I doubled it and glad I did. It is so good warm!
Definitely not worth the calories!!!!
This is a good cake for a night that you just can't be home to make the real thing - but not something I'd have a regular basis. Lots of fudge sauce at the bottom to spoon over top of the ice cream. Definitely will need ice cream with this to make it a complete dessert. VERY RICH too. I was very surprised how the cake part turned out so well with so much sauce at the bottom! Definitely a fun "experiment". Thanks for posting! Made for the I Recommend Tag Game.