Recipe by carebear18
This is a little concoction I came up with to satisfy my sweet tooth and peanut butter cravings, while keeping some healthy aspects in mind such as fruit and fiber.
Top Review by HokiesMom
Yummy! I used Fiber One Caramel Squares cereal and for the fruit used a combo of fresh blueberries and sliced strawberries. This was my breakfast and boy it is delicious! It is a great idea for dessert too and I could see topping this with ice cream for a real treat too! Made for the Cobbler Photo Event June 2010
- 1⁄2 cup Fiber One cereal
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 cup fresh fruit
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat toaster oven to 350.
- Put fiber one in a sealed plastic bag and crush till it is fine.
- Add flour, and brown sugar to the bag and mix.
- Add peanut butter and honey to the dry mixture in bag. Mix ingredients till it is well incorporated. It will be a crumbly mixture but should be able to hold it's form. If necessary, you can add some water to the mix.
- Press half of the mixture into the bottom of a ramekin and bake for about 10 minutes.
- Remove the ramekin from the over, add fruit then top with the remaining mixture.
- Bake for an additional 5 to 10 minutes. Watch to make sure the topping does not burn.