Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 mins
I found this online after having some at a little 50's type diner. I don't recall where online. I think the filling needs to be played with till it gets a creamy smooth texture.
- 1 -2 tablespoon soft cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 -2 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 4 slices bread (1/2-inch-inch thick)
- butter, for frying
- 3 large eggs
- Mix filling together.
- Spread on bread and place 2 slices together.
- Soak 5 minutes.
- Melt butter in a pan. Fry each french toast 2 minutes per side over medium heat.
This was a pretty good recipe, though would probably use less peanut butter since it was a little heavy on the PB flavor. Also used Challah bread from the local bakery, I swear Challah makes the best french toast ever. Will definitely make this again.