Prep 45 mins
Cook 37 mins
I have never made this recipe, but it looks yummy.
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄4 cup boiling water
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped peanuts
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2⁄3 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 8x8x2 inch baking pan.
- In a small bowl combine cranberries and water.
- Cover and let stand for 20 minutes; drain well and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter and 1/2 cup of peanut butter until well combined.
- Beat in brown sugar.
- Beat in flour on low speed (mixture will be crumbly).
- Stir in peanuts and cranberries.
- Reserve 1 cup of the crumb mixture.
- Press remaining mixture into pan.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile for filling, in a medium bowl beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth.
- Add egg, 2/3 cup peanut butter and lemon juice; beat until well combined.
- Spread over crust.
- Sprinkle reserved crumb mixture over filling and press in lightly.
- Bake about 25 minutes or until top is lightly browned.
- Cut into bars.
These were AMAZING. I've been requested by co-workers to make them again for an upcoming baby shower. They are a HUGE hit at home and work.
Oh my gosh, these deserve 10 stars! Sooooo good! I left out the chopped peanuts (forgot to buy them) but I had extra chunky peanut butter so I don't think they suffered without. I also used light cream cheese. Thanks so much for posting this recipe!