Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
great variation on peanut butter cookies.
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa powder, dutch process
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- set racks in the upper and lower thirds of the oven, and preheat to 350.
- in a mixing bowl, combine the flour, cocoa, and baking soda and stir well to mix.
- Sift onto a sheet of parchment or wax paper.
- Use an elextric mixer on low speed to combine the butter and peanut butter.
- Raise speed to medium, beat in sugars, then continue to beat for about a minute until light.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla and continue beating until smooth.
- By hand, stir in the dry ingredients.
- divide the dough into four pieces and divide each into 10 pieces.
- roll each piece of dough into a ball and place it about 2 inches from any other on the prepared pans.
- Press the back of a fork down on each cookie once, then press each again across the first marking.
- Bake the cookies for about 15 minutes, until they are slightly puffed and no longer wet in appearance.