Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe developed due to my adolescent addiction to Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. Very good. This needs to be refrigerated for 4 hours before serving, but is worth the weight - pun intended.;-)
- 1 2⁄3 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup icing sugar, sifted
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups well-chilled heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons chopped salted peanuts
- chocolate fudge sauce
- Make crust: Preheat oven to 425F.
- Combine well crumbs, sugar and butter and press into a 9 inch glass pie plate.
- Bake for 5 minutes, turn oven off, and bake for a further 4 minutes.
- Sprinkle in chocolate chips and leave in turned-off oven 1 minute longer.
- Remove from oven and with a butter knife or off-set spatula, spread melted chocolate chips along bottom and up sides of pastry crust.
- Make filling: Beat cream cheese with icing sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in milk, peanut butter and vanilla.
- In a chilled bowl, beat cream until it holds stiff peaks.
- Stir 1/3 of the whipped cream into the peanut butter mixture, and fold in remaining cream gently but thoroughly.
- Turn into shell, sprinkle with peanuts and chill, covered, for atleast 4 hours.
- Serve with chocolate fudge sauce for whomever wants it.