Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 mins
This is a tasty dessert if you like chocolate and peanut butter. It is from a QUICK COOKING magazine.
- 2 1⁄4 cups crushed peanut butter cookies (about 11)
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 2 (3 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) carton frozen whipped topping, divided
- 2 1⁄2 cups cold milk
- 2 (4 ounce) packages instant chocolate pudding mix
- additional peanut butter cookie, broken into pieces
- Combine crushed cookes, sugar and melted margarine.
- Press into an ungreased 13x9x2 inch baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 6-8 minutes or til golden.
- Beat cream cheese and confectioners sugar.
- Fold in 1 cup whipped topping.
- Spread over cooled crust.
- Beat milk and pudding mix on low speed for 2 minutes.
- Spread over cream cheese layer.
- Top with remaining whipped topping.
- Sprinkle with cookie pieces.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
Very good! I'm making this for the second time. Everyone raved about it! I mixed in a little peanut butter with the cream cheese because I just can't leave well-enough alone. I used the whole 8 oz. package of cream cheese. Thanks!
I prepared this last night and it was great; the whole family loved it. Thanks for posting. I will be making this one often.