Prep 15 mins
Cook 13 mins
No flour in these just oats, and they are chewy fantastic! use regular oats not quick cooking.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons maple extract (or use 2 teaspoons vanilla)
- 4 1⁄4 cups uncooked oats
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (11 ounce) package semisweet chocolate chunks, divided
- 1 cup chopped pecans (can use walnuts)
- 1⁄4 cup oats
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl beat the butter with both sugars until fluffy.
- Add in peanut butter, eggs and maple extract; beat until well combined.
- In a bowl combine 4-1/4 cups oats with baking soda and salt; add to the creamed mixture; stir until combined (the batter will be stiff).
- Stir in only 1 cup chocolate chunks with the nuts.
- Drop about 1/4-cup dough onto the baking sheet; lightly press each cookeie with fingertips into a 3-1/2-inch circle.
- Press 3-4 remaining chocolate chunks into each cookie, then sprinkle the tops of the cookie with some oats.
- Bake for about 13-14 minutes (the centers will be slightly soft).
- Cool for about 3 minutes on the baking sheet, then remove to wire racks to cool.
Ok fast forward to 2015 ....I made these wonderful cookies with chunky peanut butter and did not add additional nuts. I also used M & M's instead of the chocolate. What could be better than a peanut butter oatmeal cookie with M & M's! wow these are good.
Awesome cookies! Used maple extract and instead of nuts, added an extra handful of chocolate chunks. Was lazy so stirred in all of the oats and chocolate without decorating the tops. Made the cookies a little larger than regular cookies, but not 1/4 cup size. Great cookies, perfect for lunch boxes. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
We just made these, and they are incredibly magnificant! they are chewy, yummy, the perfect amount of 'sweet', and milk's new and improved best friend :) step aside oreo! for sure a new favorite.. thanks so much!