This was rated a favorite by the staff of Coastal Living Magazine. *Update* I just made these and they are wonderful! It reminds me of a combination of a chocolate no-bake cookie and a peanut butter cookie combined. These make the biggest cookies and I have 1/2 of one left out of the whole batch. Prep time includes 2 hours in fridge.
- 2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups uncooked oats
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (11 1/2 ounce) package semisweet chocolate chunks, chopped or 3 (4 ounce) semisweet baking chocolate, bars chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups coarsely chopped pecans, toasted
- Beat peanut butter, butter, and sugars at medium speed with an electric mixer until fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla; beat until blended.
- Combine oats, baking soda, and salt. Add to butter mixture, beating until blended. Stir in chocolate chunks and pecans. Cover and chill dough 2 hours.
- Drop dough by 1/4 cupfuls 3 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets; press to 3/4-inch thickness.
- Bake at 350 for 14-15 minutes or until edges are browned. Cool on baking sheets 3 minutes; remove to wire racks to cook completely.