These are great for lunch boxes or anytime. Recipe source: Bon Appetit (March 1986)
My Private Note
dozen c ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, room temperature
- 1 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups flour (or 1 cup white and 1 cup whole wheat)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 (6 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup raisins (or 1/2 cup raisins and 1/2 cup chopped walnuts)
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- 2Spray baking sheets with Pam or grease baking sheets with butter.
- 3In a large bowl cream butter with peanut butter using electric beaters on medium speed. Beat in sugars and eggs until smooth. Add flour and baking soda. Stir in chocolate chips and raisins (and walnuts, if using).
- 4Drop batter by teaspoonfulls onto prepared baking sheets, spacing 2 inchs apart (these spread a lot).
- 5Flatten cookies slightly with a floured fork, making criss-cross marks with fork, if desired.
- 6Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden.
- 7Cool on racks before serving.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chip Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1575 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1175.9
- Calories from Fat 565
- Total Fat 62.8 g
- Saturated Fat 28.5 g
- Cholesterol 151.8 mg
- Sodium 680.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 147.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.1 g
- Sugars 102.2 g
- Protein 19.0 g