Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
These are great for lunch boxes or anytime. Recipe source: Bon Appetit (March 1986)
Make and share this Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, room temperature
- 1 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups flour (or 1 cup white and 1 cup whole wheat)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 (6 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup raisins (or 1/2 cup raisins and 1/2 cup chopped walnuts)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Spray baking sheets with Pam or grease baking sheets with butter.
- In a large bowl cream butter with peanut butter using electric beaters on medium speed. Beat in sugars and eggs until smooth. Add flour and baking soda. Stir in chocolate chips and raisins (and walnuts, if using).
- Drop batter by teaspoonfulls onto prepared baking sheets, spacing 2 inchs apart (these spread a lot).
- Flatten cookies slightly with a floured fork, making criss-cross marks with fork, if desired.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden.
- Cool on racks before serving.