Prep 40 mins
Cook 45 mins
The biscotti for all ages--perfect for dunking in milk, espresso or whatever you please.
Make and share this Peanut Butter and Chocolate Biscotti recipe from Food.com.
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter (1 stick plus 2 tablespoons)
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 3⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup smooth natural-style peanut butter, room temperature
- 1 1⁄4 cups dry roasted peanuts
- 1 1⁄4 cups chopped dark chocolate (about 6 ounces) or 1 1⁄4 cups semisweet chocolate chunks (about 6 ounces)
- Position racks evenly in the oven and preheat to 350 degrees F. Line 3 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Melt the butter over medium heat, swirling the pan occasionally. Continue to cook until the butter browns and gets a nutty aroma, about 5 minutes. Let cool slightly.
- Whisk the flour, baking powder and salt together in a large bowl.
- Beat the eggs in a medium bowl with an electric mixer until light and pale yellow, about 2 minutes. Gradually add the sugar while beating. Then slowly add the butter and vanilla until evenly mixed, about 30 seconds more. Add the peanut butter and mix until combined.
- While mixing slowly, add the dry ingredients to the wet, in 2 additions, mixing just until absorbed. Fold in the peanuts and chocolate pieces.
- Divide the dough evenly into thirds and put each portion in the center of a baking sheet. Shape the dough with slightly wet hands into logs about 2-inches wide and 15 inches long. Bake until set and brown around the edges, 25 to 30 minutes. (For even baking take care to rotate the pans--top to bottom and front to back--about half way though.) Cool logs on the baking sheets for about 10 minutes.
- Lower the oven temperature to 325 degrees F. Carefully transfer the logs to a cutting board. Cut logs crosswise, with a long serrated knife at about a 45 degree angle, into 1/2-inch thick cookies. Place cookies cut side down on the baking sheets. Bake until crisp, about 8 minutes. Flip the cookies over and bake until golden brown, about 8 minutes more. Cool biscotti on the baking sheets.
Great recipe. A little trick is to place cut pieces on a oven proof cooling rack. Place in oven bake 8 minutes. No need to turn and repeat.... Both sides baked at once. Take cooling rack out of oven cool. Drizzle white chocolate over bars. Let cool. Store in a ziplock bag.
Okay I have a huge complaint - you did not put enough warning on this recipe to show how addictive these are! I started sampling after the first round of baking and then after the 2nd round I could not wait for them to cool completely because I sampled some "crumbs". Oh my these are absolutely heavenly. Not overly sweet at all - nice peanut/peanut butter flavor - crisp and fabulous dunked in my coffee morning, noon & night (yep I tried all times to make sure they were worthy of 5 stars!) Annacia - cannot thank you enough for sharing this delicious biscotti recipe in Went to the Market Tag Game.
Next time I will try pecans or walnuts instead of the peanuts for a change. These were really good!