1/5 Photos of Peanut Butter and Chocolate Biscotti
1 hr 25 mins
The biscotti for all ages--perfect for dunking in milk, espresso or whatever you please.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter (1 stick plus 2 tablespoons)
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup smooth natural-style peanut butter, room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups dry roasted peanuts
- 1 1/4 cups chopped dark chocolate (about 6 ounces) or 1 1/4 cups semisweet chocolate chunks (about 6 ounces)
- 1Position racks evenly in the oven and preheat to 350 degrees F. Line 3 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- 2Melt the butter over medium heat, swirling the pan occasionally. Continue to cook until the butter browns and gets a nutty aroma, about 5 minutes. Let cool slightly.
- 3Whisk the flour, baking powder and salt together in a large bowl.
- 4Beat the eggs in a medium bowl with an electric mixer until light and pale yellow, about 2 minutes. Gradually add the sugar while beating. Then slowly add the butter and vanilla until evenly mixed, about 30 seconds more. Add the peanut butter and mix until combined.
- 5While mixing slowly, add the dry ingredients to the wet, in 2 additions, mixing just until absorbed. Fold in the peanuts and chocolate pieces.
- 6Divide the dough evenly into thirds and put each portion in the center of a baking sheet. Shape the dough with slightly wet hands into logs about 2-inches wide and 15 inches long. Bake until set and brown around the edges, 25 to 30 minutes. (For even baking take care to rotate the pans--top to bottom and front to back--about half way though.) Cool logs on the baking sheets for about 10 minutes.
- 7Lower the oven temperature to 325 degrees F. Carefully transfer the logs to a cutting board. Cut logs crosswise, with a long serrated knife at about a 45 degree angle, into 1/2-inch thick cookies. Place cookies cut side down on the baking sheets. Bake until crisp, about 8 minutes. Flip the cookies over and bake until golden brown, about 8 minutes more. Cool biscotti on the baking sheets.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peanut Butter and Chocolate Biscotti
Serving Size: 1 (1456 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1322.9
- Calories from Fat 764
- Total Fat 84.9 g
- Saturated Fat 32.8 g
- Cholesterol 172.6 mg
- Sodium 953.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 125.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.2 g
- Sugars 55.4 g
- Protein 34.6 g