Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Delicious candy for children of all ages. Cooking time includes chilling tiime.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs almond bark, broken into small pieces
- 1 (4 ounce) packagebaker's brand german sweet chocolate candy bars, broken into pieces
- 8 ounces chocolate chips
- 8 ounces peanut butter chips
- 2 lbs unsalted peanuts
- Spray inside of slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
- Layer ingredients in slow cooker in the order listed.
- Cook on low for 2 hours. DO NOT stir or lift the lid during cooking time.
- After 2 hours mix well.
- Drop by teaspoons onto waxed paper.
- Refrigerate for 45 minutes before serving or storing for a future date.
This was really good candy. The fact that it all goes in the crock pot and all I have to do is spoon it onto wax paper was appealing because it freed me to tend to my other baking while the crock pot did all the work. The recipe makes a huge batch (even for my family who all have intense sweet tooths). So next time, I'll halve the recipe and I think it will still be enough for us. Definitely a "keeper" recipe that I'll make every Christmas. Thanks, weekend cooker.
I like peanut butter & chocolate in almost any combination except when it comes to those little 'cups' that are so popular for some odd reason! Anyway, THIS CANDY IS GREAT, & both of us here thoroughly enjoyed it! I'll be making this again to have around for the up-coming holidays! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Please Review My Recipe]