Recipe by Lennie
I have not made this, but found it in an older cookbook as I was browsing through my books.
Top Review by Y Knot
To turn it into soup: Add 1/2 c. water to celery bath. Add 2 cans chicken broth, lots more salt and pepper, several dashes of tabasco, 6 chopped green onions, and a teaspoon of onion powder after you've finished the original recipe. Delicious!
- 2 cups diced celery
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup smooth peanut butter
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan, place chopped celery and water and cover; bring to a boil and boil for about 20 minutes or until celery is tender but not mushy.
- In a separate large saucepan, make a thin white sauce with the butter, flour, milk and salt and pepper.
- When creamy, add undrained celery and peanut butter; stir together well.
- When soup is well blended and creamy, taste; add more salt and pepper if desired.