1 hr 35 mins
I've been addicted to Reese's Peanut Butter Cups since I was a kid. Can't get them here in Greece. This cheesecake makes up for their absence.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup sifted all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup firmly-packed light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 ounce bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 12 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/3 cups peanut butter
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1For crust: Position rack in centre of oven and preheat to 360 degrees F (170C).
- 2Butter a 9 inch diameter springform pan.
- 3Dust pan lightly with flour.
- 4Melt chocolate and butter.
- 6Blend flour, salt and baking powder in small bowl.
- 7Beat eggs and sugar in bowl until ribbon forms when beaters are lifted, about 4 minutes.
- 8Scrape down sides of bowl.
- 9Beat in chocolate, vanilla and chopped chocolate.
- 10Add dry ingredients and mix until just blended; do not overbeat.
- 11Spread 1 cup batter over bottom of pan.
- 12Bake until firm, about 17-20 minutes.
- 13Cool crust in freezer, about 15 minutes.
- 14Maintain oven temperature.
- 15Prepare filling: Blend cream cheese and sugar until smooth.
- 16Add eggs and sour cream and beat until smooth.
- 17Blend in peanut butter.
- 18Using small knife, spread remaining brownie batter evenly around sides of pan, sealing to bottom crust.
- 19Pour in filling, which will not be as high as brownie batter.
- 20Bake until centre is gently set and brownie sides have fallen to form a 1 inch wide ring around filling, about 30 minutes.
- 21For topping: Blend sour cream and sugar in small bowl.
- 22Spread evenly over cheesecake to cover (you may or may not add peanut butter to topping).
- 23Bake 3 more minutes.
- 24Set cake on rack.
- 25Using small, sharp knife, cut around top edge of cake to loosen from pan sides.
- 26Cool completely.
- 27Loosen cake with knife and release from pan.
- 28Refrigerate until ½ hour before serving time.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peanut Butter and Brownie Cheesecake
Serving Size: 1 (168 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 579.8
- Calories from Fat 350
- Total Fat 38.9 g
- Saturated Fat 17.6 g
- Cholesterol 140.0 mg
- Sodium 356.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 39.0 g
- Protein 14.1 g