Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 mins
I have not tried this recipe. I got it from Calorie King.
- 1⁄2 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3⁄4 cup sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 large banana, mashed
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 4 ounces fat free cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons sugar substitute, extra
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- Beat peanut butter, oil, sugar substitute and vanilla with an electric beater until smooth and creamy.
- Gradually add eggs, beating well with each addition. Beat in banana.
- Lightly fold half the flour through the peanut mixture. Stir in the buttermilk, followed by the remaining flour.
- Spoon into 12 cupcake cases and bake at 350°F for 12-15 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes in pan, then turn onto a wire rack.
- Beat together fat-free cream cheese, sugar substitute and lemon rind until they are light and fluffy.
- Cut a small circle from the top of the cakes and cut these circles in half. Fill the top of the cake with a spoonful of the frosting and place the two cut halves on top. Sprinkle with icing sugar if desired.
- •Variations: Can replace sugar for sugar substitute (allow for extra calories).