Peanut Butter and Banana Cupcakes
- Beat peanut butter, oil, sugar substitute and vanilla with an electric beater until smooth and creamy.
- Gradually add eggs, beating well with each addition. Beat in banana.
- Lightly fold half the flour through the peanut mixture. Stir in the buttermilk, followed by the remaining flour.
- Spoon into 12 cupcake cases and bake at 350°F for 12-15 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes in pan, then turn onto a wire rack.
- Beat together fat-free cream cheese, sugar substitute and lemon rind until they are light and fluffy.
- Cut a small circle from the top of the cakes and cut these circles in half. Fill the top of the cake with a spoonful of the frosting and place the two cut halves on top. Sprinkle with icing sugar if desired.
- •Variations: Can replace sugar for sugar substitute (allow for extra calories).