Recipe by IslandGirl
A good recipe, great for lunch boxes or after school with milk. I've made it using chunky or smooth and even low fat peanut butter and the cookies are always good.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup mashed ripe banana (one small banana)
- 1⁄3 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Grease cookie sheets.
- Combine flour and baking soda in a small bowl.
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat together banana, brown sugar, butter, and peanut butter until light and fluffy, using a mixer on medium speed.
- Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture until a dough forms.
- Shape dough into one inch balls and place them two inches apart on cookie sheets.
- Using the tines of a fork dipped in flour, press a criss-cross pattern onto each cookie.
- Bake cookies until edges are set, about 10 minutes.
- Place cookie sheets on wire racks and cool for about 5 minutes.
- Then take cookies off the sheets and cool them completely on the wire racks.