1/1 Photo of Peanut Butter and Banana Cookies
This diabetic recipe is from Sugar Twin
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup no-sugar-added peanut butter
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup pureed banana (about 1 ripe medium banana, mashed)
- 1/2 cup diabetic brown Sugar Twin
- 1/4 cup diabetic Sugar Twin
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- 2Sift together the first five dry ingredients.
- 3In a large mixer bowl, cream together the peanut butter and unsalted butter until fluffy. At low speed, mix in the egg, pureed banana, SugarTwin® Granulated Brown, SugarTwin® Granulated White, and vanilla.
- 4With the mixer at low speed, slowly add the sifted dry ingredients until fully mixed.
- 5Shape dough into one-inch balls. Place on ungreased cookie sheet 1” (2.5cm) apart. Flatten cookies with the palm of your hand.
- 6If desired, make a fruit topping by mixing preserves with SugarTwin® Granulated White. With your thumb, make an indent in the middle of each cookie and fill with 1/4 tsp (1.25mL) of the fruit topping.
- 7Bake for 12 – 14 minutes or until bottoms are golden brown. Remove cookies from cookie sheets to wire rack, and cool completely.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peanut Butter and Banana Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (12 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 46.2
- Calories from Fat 24
- Total Fat 2.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 12.6 mg
- Sodium 48.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 0.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
no-sugar-added peanut butter
brown Sugar Twin