Recipe by AmyZoe
If you need to use up some leftover bananas or you just feel like dessert but don't want to spend a lot of time making--this will do the trick. I used vanilla bean ice cream instead of chocolate ice cream and still found it super chocolatey and rich. Make sure it's a little soft and not just out of the freezer or you'll have difficulty mixing. I put a little extra peanut butter (I'll post the recipe the way I found it), but you decide if you prefer more peanut butter or chocolate. I found this online from Stephanie Zonis, but I'm not sure which website. Enjoy!
- 3 tablespoons cold milk
- 3 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- 1 large ripe banana, peeled with any brown spots removed
- 2 -3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup chocolate ice cream (good quality like Ben & Jerry's or Haagen-Dazs)
- 1 -2 tablespoon cold milk
Directions See How It's Made
- In a blender container, combine milk and chocolate syrup.
- Slice banana into container (avoid splashing) and drop peanut butter on top.
- Cover and blend at medium speed until well-mixed and smooth. Scrape down sides of container as necessary.
- Add softened ice cream in chunks to the blender container and cover.
- Blend at high speed just until smooth.
- If blender is having trouble because mixture is too thick, add an additional tablespoon or so of cold milk.
- Serve immediately.