Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I like this recipe because it replaces high sugar jams with something that is healthy and has fiber. It gives a crunch to pb sandwiches. It is something different to try and not feel quilty about.
- 2 slices bread (I use Sara Lee white whole grain)
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter (I usually use regular pb, but I have found a healthier one at Super Target called Creamy Sunbutter,)
- 1 Red Delicious apple
- Get the bread and put peanut butter on both sides of the bread.
- Cut apple into slices, kind of like cheese slices, but thicker, put on one side of bread.I usually don't use the whole apple.
- fold like a sandwich
- My friends all love this recipe, one of my friends even adds pecans.
I LOVE peanut butter on bread and on toast, but today I did not have an apple so I used a nice ripe pear! A great breakfast, quick and easy, and it tastes great! Oh yes, and it must be crunchy for me!!
I actually have done this all the time for years, but thanks for putting it on here! A granny smith apple is wonderful too.