1/1 Photo of Peanut Butter and Apple Oatmeal Breakfast Bars
I rarely cook anything for breakfast. A typical breakfast for me consists of a whole wheat bagel thin with peanut butter and honey, some days I top it with sliced bananas. On the side I generally have a glass of V8-Fusion juice and a cup of tea. In the spirit of the Healthy Eats January Challenge, I thought I'd whip up a healthy, easy and quick (only 20 minutes cook time) breakfast that can be enjoyed by the whole family. Seeing as it is National Oatmeal Month, it seemed fitting that oatmeal be at the heart of today's breakfast. Feel free to substitute another fruit instead of the apple or used dry ingredients. Just make sure that your dried fruit isn't loaded with sugar or other artifical ingredients.
My Private Note
1.5x7 i ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Grease an 11x7 inch baking pan. If you don't have one, you can use an 8x8, 9x9, or if neceessary an 11x13.
- 3Place peanut butter and butter in a microwave safe dish. Heat in the microwave for 30-45 seconds or until butter is melted. Stir together.
- 4Place all ingredients, except fruit, into a bowl. Using an electric beater or KitchenAid mixer, beat ingredients together for approximately 1 minutes.
- 5Peel a whole apple and thinly chop into pieces, no larger than the size of your thumb nail.
- 6Stir the apples into the oatmeal mixture.
- 7Pour the mixture into greased pan and press entire mixture down firmly with your fingers.
- 8Place pan into the oven and cook for 25 minutes or until edges are golden brown. If you are using an 11x13 pan, it will take a bit less time because the mixture will be much thinner.
- 9Let cool for 10 minutes before slicing into strips. Let the remaining bars cool entirely before you place in tupperware or wrap them in foil.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peanut Butter and Apple Oatmeal Breakfast Bars
Serving Size: 1 (70 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 230.0
- Calories from Fat 76
- Total Fat 8.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 3.0 mg
- Sodium 43.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 13.4 g
- Protein 5.4 g