Recipe by alijen
A recipe we co-created with my young nephew in an attempt to get him to eat something other than chicken nuggets and pizza. Quick and healthy, we're happy with the outcome.
Top Review by newspapergal
A great, healthy little snack. I left off the splenda/cinnamon, and I took the advice of previous reviewers & diced my apple instead of just slicing. I used a Gala apple and peeled it also. I enjoyed this for a late Saturday breakfast - yummy!
- 4 whole wheat tortillas
- 1 cup thinly sliced sweet apple (works best with sweet, not tart apples)
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon Splenda sugar substitute (optional)
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Lay tortillas flat.
- Spread peanut butter evenly between then tortillas, completely covering in a thin layer.
- Drizzle the honey evenly between the tortillas on top of the peanut butter.
- Put one layer of thin apple slices on top of the honey and peanut butter.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and Splenda, if desired.
- Roll up and cut into bite-sized pieces or serve whole.
- (Depends on who is eating this. As adults, we just bite in, but we cut it into smaller, more manageable pieces for my nephew).