Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a recipe that I sort of made up using healthy ingredients that I like and want my children to eat. I warn you, they are addicting, especially if you LOVE peanut butter. I have tried other protien bar recipes but like the crunchiness that these bars afford. Plus with the powdered milk, you have calcium, too! Do try to use the brand names that I mention, they are healthy, high in protien, vitamins, and have no trans fats. ENJOY.
- 1 1⁄2 cups of smucker's natural creamy peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup of clover honey (any old generic honey will do)
- 1 cup instant nonfat dry milk powder (I use generic)
- 1⁄2 cup of alpen original organic muesli
- 1⁄2 cup of ocean spray craisins
- 1 pinch salt (omit the salt if you use something like...skippy peanut butter or Jiff)
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup chocolate chips, melted in microwave (but I feel necessary - I LOVE CHOCOLATE) (optional)
- I bought all my ingredients except the Alpen at Wal----.
- Get out the mixer right now because there is no way that you can mix these ingredients well enough by hand.
- Put all ingredients in the bowl, mixing slowly at first until just about blended.
- Using a paddle or spoon, carefully fold melted chocolate chips into mix and mix and mix until well blended.
- Dump contents unto wax paper, topping with another piece of wax paper and press into about a 7" square.
- Slice into whatever size bar you like (I aim for around 21) remembering that peanut butter is extremely fattening.
- Refridgerate AFTER SLICING.
These were tasty, but a little messy to eat. Very rich. They became very soft and sticky before we could eat one bar. Loved the flavor and think this would be very good in a wrap rather than a bar. I will also increase the muesli next time because we love it. Thanks for sharing.