Recipe by SJG3483
These meat-free burgers have just as much protein and not as much fat. When you dress them like regular burgers, you won't even want meat.
- 4 tablespoons corn or 4 tablespoons safflower oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup grated zucchini or 1 cup yellow squash
- 1⁄2 cup cooked brown rice
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2⁄3 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 2 scallions, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon minced parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 2 T oil in skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion and squash and saute 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and transfer to a bowl.
- Add rice, peanuts, peanut butter, bread crumbs, scallions, parsley, salt and pepper and mix well Shape mixture into 6 patties.
- Bake: Place burgers on oiled pan and bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes, turning once Or Brown: place in a skillet with remaining oil and cook for about 5 minute son each side until browned Serve with your favorite buns and burger accessories.