Recipe by east coast nellie
Haven't made this yet, but it sounds promising and I want to record it...original recipe from Southern Living had tofu...I'm substituting chicken because I just can't get on the tofu bandwagon. But for all you tofu-lovers out there, feel free to adjust ingredients!
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 2 cups uncooked brown rice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil or 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 cup carrot sticks
- 2 tablespoons chopped peanuts
- lime wedge
Directions See How It's Made
- Note: Prep time includes time for marinating chicken.
- Cut chicken into strips or chunks. Combine broth and following 7 ingredients, add chicken, toss to coat, and marinate for 30 minutes (or longer if you desire).
- Start water for boiling rice and prepare according to directions, adding salt if you want to.
- Get your veggies ready.
- Heat oils in a nonstick skillet or wok over high heat 1 minute. Reduce heat to med, add chicken (reserving marinade) and garlic, stir-fry 5 minutes or until browned (but don't burn the garlic!).
- Remove chicken and add carrots and broccoli, stir frying 2 minutes. Add reserved marinade from chicken and bring to a boil. Cook, stirring constantly, 2 minutes or until thickened to desired consistency.
- Add chicken, stir, serve over rice and sprinkle with peanuts. I also like to sprinkle green onions on top and serve with lime wedges and cilantro.