Recipe by Love2Eat
This is my mom's recipe and it truly is a cinch to make. But, you MUST have all your ingredients measured out and waiting prior to starting. There's no time in between steps for measuring! The most difficult thing is cleaning the bowl in between batches! Good luck and enjoy!
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup white corn syrup
- 1 cup salted peanuts
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the sugar and corn syrup well in at least an 8-cup microwaveable dish (It's easier if you have something with a handle on it).
- Microwave on high for 3-1/2 minutes, stirring after the first two minutes.
- Add peanuts to sugar and syrup mixture and microwave on high for 4 minutes, stirring at two minute intervals.
- Add vanilla and butter, stir, and return to microwave for 1 minute on high.
- Remove from microwave and stir in baking soda (it will bubble up here, hence the 8 cup container!!).
- QUICKLY pour onto lightly greased cookie sheet and cool in fridge for 15 minutes.
- Break apart and store in airtight container.