Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
This is my mom's recipe and it truly is a cinch to make. But, you MUST have all your ingredients measured out and waiting prior to starting. There's no time in between steps for measuring! The most difficult thing is cleaning the bowl in between batches! Good luck and enjoy!
- Mix the sugar and corn syrup well in at least an 8-cup microwaveable dish (It's easier if you have something with a handle on it).
- Microwave on high for 3-1/2 minutes, stirring after the first two minutes.
- Add peanuts to sugar and syrup mixture and microwave on high for 4 minutes, stirring at two minute intervals.
- Add vanilla and butter, stir, and return to microwave for 1 minute on high.
- Remove from microwave and stir in baking soda (it will bubble up here, hence the 8 cup container!!).
- QUICKLY pour onto lightly greased cookie sheet and cool in fridge for 15 minutes.
- Break apart and store in airtight container.
This is a wonderful recipe! It also tastes wonderful when you use Pecans or walnuts.
Really fast and easy to do and really easy to eat!! Tastes better than the bought stuff!!
I really liked your recipe, but had to make a adjustments for my higher power microwave (tried the 70% power - just didnâ€™t quite get it) and I like my brittle with a bit more butter and just a bit more color. With all the changes I made I ended up submitting a recipe for 1200 Watt Microwave Peanut Brittle 1200 Watt Microwave Peanut Brittle in which I gave you credit for getting me started and for your great advice - thanks, would not have gotten there without your help. Thanks for your inspiration.