Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
A very light and crunchy non-sticky peanut brittle that is out of this world!
- 2 teaspoons butter (no substitute)
- 3 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 cup Karo light corn syrup
- 12 ounces unsalted peanuts
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- *For best results make on a cool/dry day.
- Line cookie sheet with aluminum foil, liberally coat with butter.
- Mix butter, vanilla and baking soda together.
- In a two quart sauce pan, boil water, sugar, and corn syrup till hard ball stage (about 255°F).
- Add peanuts and stir non-stop till it reaches 305°F (hard crack stage).
- Remove from heat and add butter/soda/vanilla mixture. stir.
- Quickly pour on to greased cookie sheet. spread with a wooden spoon or spatula till desired thickness (DO NOT OVERWORK or it will become tough).
- Cook and break into desired size pieces.
- Store in airtight container after it has cooled completely.