Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I'm not exactly sure WHAT to call this, because it's not really peanut brittle, but there's no other good name for the bars. I got this from the Land o Lakes website, and it looked so great I -had- to post it. Hope you enjoy!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup salted peanuts or 1 cup chopped salted cashews
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
- 1 -2 tablespoon hot water
- Mix first 3 ingredients until creamy.
- Mix in next 2 ingredients.
- (Mixture will form clumps).
- Stir in peanuts and chocolate chips.
- Press dough onto an ungreased 15x10x1-inch jelly-roll pan.
- Bake for 15 to 25 minutes at 375°F or until edges are golden brown.
- Press dough into nonstick baking pan.
- Bake for 23 to 28 minutes at 350°F, or until edges are golden brown.
- Cool completely.
- Stir together peanut butter and powdered sugar.
- Add hot water until it is the right consistency for drizzling, and drizzle it over the cooled bars.
- Cut into bars or break into irregular pieces before serving.