Recipe by CindiJ
My dad found this recipe in 1994 and began making this every year, batch after batch, after batch. He thought I was crazy for asking him to copy the recipe out for me (I wanted HIS handwriting) but he did it. He made this such a special memory for our entire family. It's easy, made in microwave and soooo very good. I lost my dad to cancer in 2008 and now my eldest son is wanting to take on the tradition. Here's to you Daddy.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup white corn syrup
- 1 cup dry roasted salted peanut
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
Directions See How It's Made
- In 2 quart microwave safe bowl stir together the sugar & corn syrup.
- Microwave on high for 4 minutes. Stir in peanuts and microwave on high for another 4 minutes. Add butter & vanilla, stirring well. Microwave on high for additional 2 minutes.
- Stir in baking soda until light and foamy.
- Quickly pour mixture onto a lightly greased cookie sheet or slab marble. Let cool for 1 hour - break into pieces and store in tight container.