Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
An easy recipe even for a beginner
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup corn syrup, Karo
- 2 cups peanuts, raw
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup water
- Heat sugar, syrup, and water over medium heat until sugar is dissolved.
- Continue to cook over medium heat to soft ball stage.
- Add peanuts and salt. Continue cooking to hard ball stage.
- Remove from heat and quickly stir in butter and soda.
- Pour into buttered jelly roll pan and quickly spread out. It does not have to reach edges of pan.
- Allow to cool completely and then break into pieces.
- Store in a sealed container.