Recipe by Pvt Amys Mom
There are several recipes on here for Peanut Brittle. This is the one that we use every year and it does not appear to be one of the ones on here. My daughter likes to make this up for her friends. One batch goes quite a way and her teenage friends are impressed that she can make candy.
- 1 pint Dark Karo syrup, blue label
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄3 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups roasted peanuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Line a cookie sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Spread peanuts over cookie sheet (I dont even measure the nuts anymore, just cover the sheet to the desired consistency).
- Combine the Karo syrup, sugar and vanilla in a large pan and boil to 300* degrees on a candy thermometer.
- Remove from heat and quickly add the soda to the candy.
- Stir quickly and spread thickly over the peanuts.
- Let cool and break in to bite size pieces.
- Servings are approximate, I figure 5-6 little bags per batch.