Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
Makes two loaves of peanut bread. Taken from "The Complete Family Cook Book".
- 2 cups peanuts, chopped
- 5 cups flour, sifted
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 6 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups milk
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 8 tablespoons oil
- In a bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- In another bowl combine milk and eggs.
- Add to milk mixture to flour mixture, beating vigorously until smooth.
- Blend in oil.
- Add peanuts.
- Pour batter into 2 greased bread pans.
- Let stand for 20 minutes.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 1 1/4 hours.
- Use a toothpick to test for doneness.
- Remove pans to a rack.
- Let stand 5 to 10 minutes.
- Invert pans onto a breadboard or platter.
- Cut into 1-inch thick slices.