Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
From Family Cookbook
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 3⁄4 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups unsifted all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- granulated sugar
- 1 (9 ounce) packagehershey milk chocolate kisses (about 54)
- Cream shortening and peanut butter in large bowl.
- Blend in granulated sugar and brown sugar.
- Add egg, milk, and vanilla; beat well.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Gradually add flour mixture to creamed mixture; blend thoroughly.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls.
- Roll in granulated sugar.
- Place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375 degrees in oven for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove from oven Immediately place unwrapped Kiss on top of each cookie, pressing down so that cookie cracks around the edges.
- Remove from cookie sheet.
- Cool on a wire rack.
This is a really good recipe for Peanut Blossoms. I made a batch and the cookies did not crumble up as had happened using other recipes, so this is the one I will be using from now on. Thanks for posting this.