Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is from the 2004 SuperValu Holiday Baking booklet, and it's almost unreadable because my family loves them.
- 118.29 ml butter
- 118.29 ml peanut butter
- 118.29 ml granulated sugar
- 118.29 ml brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 414.03 ml flour
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 396.89 g bag chocolate stars or 396.89 g bag Hershey chocolate kisses
- With mixer, beat butter, peanut butter and sugars until smooth; then beat in egg and vanilla.
- Combine flour and baking soda in separate bowl. Stir into sugar mixture until blended.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls, and then roll in granulated sugar.
- Bake at 350°F until slightly darker brown, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and press chocolate star into cookie.
- Return to oven until chocolate is shiny and soft, 3 minutes.
these were good but didn't seem too have enough of a peanut butter tatse to me, so next time I will add more. Also I have found that the better the quality of peanut butter the better the taste so I always use the best I can buy to insure a great taste. Some things you just can't skimp on. But all in all a good cookie.