Recipe by Chef Laura AKA Mom
This is from the 2004 SuperValu Holiday Baking booklet, and it's almost unreadable because my family loves them.
Top Review by Bunlady
these were good but didn't seem too have enough of a peanut butter tatse to me, so next time I will add more. Also I have found that the better the quality of peanut butter the better the taste so I always use the best I can buy to insure a great taste. Some things you just can't skimp on. But all in all a good cookie.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 (14 ounce) bag chocolate stars or 1 (14 ounce) bag Hershey chocolate kisses
Directions See How It's Made
- With mixer, beat butter, peanut butter and sugars until smooth; then beat in egg and vanilla.
- Combine flour and baking soda in separate bowl. Stir into sugar mixture until blended.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls, and then roll in granulated sugar.
- Bake at 350°F until slightly darker brown, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and press chocolate star into cookie.
- Return to oven until chocolate is shiny and soft, 3 minutes.