Recipe by Petdrwife
I found this recipe years ago and it is still a big hit with the family and with cookie exchanges at Christmastime.
Top Review by MirandaPen
I really liked that this was a butter not the regular shortening recipe. I followed the recipe exactly and found the cooking time a bit too long. I also had way more kisses left over even though I made really small balls. Next time I'll try doubling the dough and cooking 6 min instead. Still a good recipe.
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄3 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg (unbeaten)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 18 ounces Hershey chocolate kisses (unwrapped)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cream butter, peanut butter and sugars.
- Add egg and vanilla.
- Blend in flour, soda and salt.
- Roll dough into 1" balls and roll in granulated sugar.
- Place balls on cookie sheet and bake for 8 minutes.
- Remove half baked cookies from the oven, press one Hershey kiss into each.
- Return to oven and bake 2-3 more minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool completely.