Recipe by BerrySweet
Creamy avocado, nutty crunchy peanut butter & crispy salty bacon all on bakery fresh bread. A dream sandwich! Originally posted on the BBC food board.
Top Review by rickoholic83
This sandwich might not be for everyone but I absolutely loved it! I often combine peanut butter and bacon to make toasted sandwiches but the addition of the buttery avocado put it over the top! Step out of your comfort zone and give this a try. It's fantastic! Thanks for sharing, BerrySweet!
- 8 slices French bread
- 2 tablespoons crunchy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 8 slices bacon, grilled
- 1 ripe avocado, thinly sliced and sprinkled with
- lemon juice
- shredded iceberg lettuce
- fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Spread the peanut butter on four slices of bread and mayonnaise on the other four. (You may want to use more peanut butter, your preference).
- Place the bacon, avocado, lettuce and pepper on the peanut butter spread slices and top with the mayonnaise spread slices. Slice in half and enjoy!