Recipe by auntchelle
A simple, buttery treat. Easy to make, it is best made a day in advance to allow for easier cutting. Will keep 3 days. Use a 19cm x 29cm pan (lamington). Australian measurements used.
- 185 g butter
- 1⁄2 cup caster sugar
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisin (sultanas)
- 1 cup raw unsalted peanuts
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 cup plain flour, sifted
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to 180 deg Celsius. Grease a slice pan 19cm x 29cm.
- Gently melt the butter in a saucepan large enough to mix all ingredients.
- Add sugar, sultanas, peanuts and coconut and give a quick stir. Now add sifted flour.
- Firmly press this mix into prepared pan. I prefer to use my hands. Bake for 30 mins, or until golden.
- Cool in pan, not cutting until completely cold, ideally the next day.