Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
These are just a treat for the kids, they get their peanut butter and jelly all in one in a dessert!!
- Preheat oven to 400°F Grease 13x9x2-inch pan with shortening.
- Combine brown sugar, shortening and peanut butter in large bowl. Beat on medium speed of electric mixer until well blended.
- Combine flour, salt and baking soda. Add gradually to creamed mixture at low speed. Beat until well blended. Stir in oats with spoon, Mix until well blended. Stir in water 1 tablespoons at a time.
- Press half of the dough in to the bottom of greased pan and spread preserves over it. Flatten small amounts of remaining dough between hands. Place on preserves and arrange so dough sections are touching, Fill any spaces with dough so preserves are completely covered.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown and edges are slightly brown, do not overbake, Cut into 2 1/2 x 2-inch bars.