Recipe by Sharon123
Assorted children of all ages will enjoy helping munch out on these chunky, chewy cookies!
Top Review by Karen=^..^=
These are easy and delicious cookies. I used salted peanuts for the nuts and I got 33 cookies out of the batch. They took exactly 9 minutes in my oven, but I did have to wait a minute or so before removing them from the cookie sheet, otherwise they were falling apart before they made it to the cooling rack. These are very colorful and would be nice on Holiday trays...I know I am adding them to my ever-growing list :) By the way, these are not overly peanut-buttery, which was fine with me, because I am not a peanut butter cookie fan. Everyone in our family loved these. Thanks, Sharon, for another yummy recipe.
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup margarine or 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 cup salted peanuts (or walnuts, almonds,etc)
- 3⁄4 cup candy covered plain chocolate candies
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375*.
- In large bowl, beat brown sugar, margarine and peanut butter until light and fluffy.
- Add vanilla and egg; blend well.
- Stir in all purpose flour, whole wheat flour and baking soda; mix well.
- Stir in peanuts and candy-coated chocolate pieces.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 375* for 6 to 10 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Immediately remove from cookie sheets.
- Cool completely.