Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Give the kids a change from the usual pb&j sammie.....dress it up and have them crying for more. (Okay, you can have some too!) This came from a very old BH&G cookbook.
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter (your fav will do)
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise or 2 tablespoons salad dressing
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice (fresh is best)
- 1⁄2 cup tart apple, pared and finely diced (Granny Smith is nice)
- 6 slices bacon, crisp-cooked and crumbled
- 8 slices bread, buttered (wheat or white)
- lettuce, leafs (optional)
- Blend peanut butter, mayonnaise, and lemon juice.
- Stir in apple and bacon.
- Prepare sammies using lettuce, if desired.
Good and different sandwich! I made as directed but would leave out the mayo next time. The peanut butter/apple/bacon flavors were good together but I think the mayo made it too creamy and weakened this flavor somewhat. I didn't put lettuce on this time but I will next time. Thanks for posting this recipe!