Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Quick, wholesome, and tasty.
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn
- 1 (15 ounce) can red beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) packet chili seasoning mix
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 medium sweet onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 cups long-grain rice
- 4 cups water
- Note: You will need a large deep sauce pan. Recipe makes ample amount of food.
- Prepare rice according to package instructions. Long-grain rice will take about 20 minutes all together including boil time for water.
- While rice is cooking, brown turkey and add chili seasoning, salt, ground cumin, and chopped onions. Simmer for 10 minutes Simmer w/o lid to allow any water to simmer away.
- Drain cans of corn, beans, and tomatoes. Add corn, beans, and tomatoes to ground turkey. Simmer for another 10 minutes Simmer w/o lid to allow any water to simmer away.
- Serve on bed of rice.
- Note: Ground turkey can be substituted with ground beef, or venison (deer) even.