Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This meatloaf is sweet and tangy from the brown sugar and creamed horseradish. I was inspired by a meatloaf recipe in my Southern Living Homestyle cookbook. Since my husband has a sweet tooth, I decided to elaborate more on the original recipe by adding brown sugar. I also added Greek seasoning, barbecue sauce and Lipton Onion soup mix for a wonderful, moist, slightly tangy meatloaf!!!
- 3 lbs ground beef or 3 lbs ground turkey
- 1⁄2 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all purpose Greek seasoning
- Mix the barbecue sauce and ketchup and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the rest of ingredients and place in a 13x9 inch baking pan. Top with the barbecue sauce ketchup mixture and bake in an oven set at 375F for 1 hour and 25 minutes. Enjoy!