Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
From GRV Gibbs Wild Rice leaflet.
- 4 cups cooked wild rice, about 1 cup uncooked
- 3 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 19 ounces canned peaches, drained
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Combine the wild rice with the miik, brown sugar and salt.
- Bring almost to a boil, reduce heat immediately and cook, stirring constantly 5 minutes.
- Blend some of the hot rice-milk mixture into the eggs and slowly stir this back into the wild-rice milk mixture, stirring constantly.
- Stir in almond extract and cook, stirring, until thickened.
- Spoon into a buttered 2-qt oven proof serving dish.
- Arrange the peaches on top, in a spiral fashion.
- Sprinkle the 2 tablespoons of sugar over the peaches and broil until sugar melts, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Watch carefully so the sugar does not burn.
- Remove from oven.
- Place sour cream in the center of the peaches and sprinkle with a mixture of the brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Can be served at room temperature or after being refrigerated.