Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs 30 mins
This recipe is in the South Beach Diet cookbook--Phase 3. I made it for a baby shower brunch and it went faster than all the high sugar desserts.
- 3⁄4 cup english walnuts, ground
- 1⁄4 cup trans-free butter
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 (8 ounce) packages low-fat cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sugar substitute
- 8 ounces artificially sweetened fat free sugar-free raspberry yogurt
- 8 ounces artificially sweetened fat free sugar free peach yogurt
- 2 drops yellow food coloring
- 2 -3 large peaches (I only used 1 and it was enough)
- raspberries (handful)
- Place 1/4 cup of walnuts in small bowl and set aside.
- Place remaining walnuts in another small bowl and add the butter and sugar, mix well with fork and press the walnut mixture firmly into the bottom of an 8" springform pan.
- In a large bowl, with an electric mixer on med. speed, beat the cream cheese and sugar sub. until smooth.
- Remove half of the cream cheese mixture to a med. bowl and whisk in the raspberry yogurt--spread evenly over the walnut crust.
- Place in the freezer for 1 hour, or until firm.
- Add the peach yogurt and food coloring to the remaining cream cheese, cover and refrigerate.
- When the rasp. layer has firmed, spoon the peach mixture over it. Freeze for 2 1/2 hours, or until firm.
- When ready to serve, arrange the peach slices around the edge and place raspberries and reserved walnuts decoratively on top.