Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
I got this recipe 10 or 15 years ago on the back of Shake n' Bake for Pork. It has been a family favorite ever since. The sauce is the best part. It is simple to make and has great flavoring. I serve it with Rice and a green vegetable.
- 1 (29 ounce) canned peach halves
- 6 pork chops, 3/4 inch thick
- 1 (3 ounce) packet Shake-n-Bake for pork
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- Drain peaches, reserving syrup.
- Moisten chops in about 1/4 cup of syrup.
- Coat chops with seasoned coating mix as directed on package.
- Arrange chops in single layer on rack in ungreased shallow pan.
- Bake at 425 for 40 minutes.
- Place peaches in pan with chops, brush with peach syrup.
- Bake an additional 10 minutes longer.
- While baking chops heat together 1/2 cup peach syrup, the brown sugar, ketchup and vinegar.
- Serve with chops and peaches.
Thank you so much for posting this delicious recipe! I made this over 20 years ago from the recipe on the shake and bake box. We loved it then and I'm sure we'll love it now! Thanks again!
Boy is this a great recipe!!! I love when you can use everything!! There is no waste here by making the sauce out of the peach juice and the flavor is outstanding!!! Shake-n-Bake must have some secret ingredient in it to keep the chops tender because these were so juicy and tender!!!!!!!!! I loved the sauce, it really made these wonderful poured over the crisp crust of the chops. Definite winner of a recipe, thanks for posting!!
We really liked this dish. It was easy to fix and even my fussy eater liked it (minus the sauce for her.)