Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
A great vegetarian dish with bold flavors.
- 3 (8 ounce) packages tempeh
- 1⁄2 cup peach preserves
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon tarragon
- Using a sharp knife, cut each piece of tempeh in half lengthwise to give you 6 slices of tempeh.
- Place a piece of wax paper between each slice.
- Place slices in a 1 gallon freezer bag. Carefully force out any air then seal the bag.
- In a quart freezer bag, combine:peach preserves,balsamic vinegar and the tarragon.
- Gently force out any air; seal the bag.
- Put the filled bag into a 2nd gallon sized freezer bag along with the printed recipe or RZ recipe # and seal it.
- To Cook:.
- Thaw completely.
- Preheat oven broiler.
- Place tempeh on broiler pan and broil about 3-4 minutes on each side or until almost done.
- Just before tempeh is ready, brush preserve mixture on the top of tempeh slices to cook into tempeh during the last minute or so of cooking.