Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 3⁄4 cups milk
- 3⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup peaches in juice, sliced (drained or fresh peaches, sweetened to taste)
- In a 2 ½-quart sauce pan, combine egg, sugar, tapioca, salt and milk. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until mixture comes to a full boil and is slightly thickened, about 6-8 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla.
- Cool, fold in peaches and chill.
This dessert was a huge hit at a small dinner party I had. I did not have peaches so I substituted canned mixed fruit. I also put some chocolate sauce and cool whip on top of this and served it in a wine glass. It both looked good and certainly tasted good. Sure glad you posted this Familian.