Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
A great hot drink for those winter months, especially when your having a party. Not only does this taste delicious, but it'll smell great through your house while cooking. We've also added rum to this for a more adult drink.
- 4 (5 1/2 ounce) cans peaches or 4 (5 1/2 ounce) cans apricot nectar
- 2 cups apple juice
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 fresh orange slices, , halved (, 1/4 in. thick)
- Combine the first 5 ingredients in a slow cooker/crock pot.
- Top with orange slices.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 to 6 hours or until heated through.
- Stir before serving.
This, obviously, was a very popular recipe this year for My-3-Chefs! I can only add my praise, as well. The spice was right on with the peach nectar and apple cider. The taste was very mellow and holidayish! Thnx for sharing your recipe, Nicole. Made for My-3-Chefs 2009.
What a great hot cider Nicole. Excellent fruit flavor and spice balance. We really enjoyed this tasty treat. I used peach nectar and apple cider, cara cara oranges and fresh ground ginger, cinnamon and nutmeg. So easy to make, just perfect for our cold fall weather. It smelled as good cooking as it tasted, thank you so much for sharing your recipe. Made for My 3 Chefs/09 :)
Yummy! Extremely easy to make. Don't worry if you forget about it in the crock pot as I did. It cooked an extra four or five hours. I jumped out of bed, had me a cup of it. Put the remaining in the fridge. The kids heated it in the microwave and enjoyed it the next day. Thanks for sharing. Made for My 3 Chefs 2009